World Gourmet Festival Raises a Substantial Amount for Charity
Bangkok (Thailand) – September 16, 2018 (travelindex.com) – Thanpuying Varaporn Pramoj was a guest of honour at the ribbon cutting ceremony to mark the official opening of the 19th World Gourmet Festival at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel on 3 September 2018.
The festival held from 3 – 9 September 2018, has raised a substantial amount to support the Princess Soamsawali AZT Fund for Pregnant Women of the Thai Red Cross Society. Funds were raised from THB 600 of every dinner ticket sold, as well as proceeds from auctions during the festival. The auctions featured accommodation vouchers donated by Anantara and Minor Hotels & Resorts around the world, and Turkish Airlines business class air tickets for two people.
The event would not have been possible without the participation of guest chefs, food and wine experts from around the world, as well as the support of key sponsors.
This year, the full line up of chefs in the 19th annual World Gourmet Festival was:
– José Avillez: Belcanto in Lisbon, Portugal (2 Michelin stars)
– Bernard Bach: Le Puits Saint-Jacques in Toulouse, France (2 Michelin stars)
– Ryohei Hieda: Shoun RyuGin in Taipei, Taiwan (2 Michelin stars)
– Jeong Ho Kim: Jungsik in Seoul, The Republic of Korea (2 Michelin stars)
– Martin Dalsass: Talvo by Dalsass in St. Moritz, Switzerland (1 Michelin star)
– Alessandra del Favero and Oliver Piras: AGA Ristorante in San Vito di Cadore, Italy (1 Michelin star)
– Srijith Gopinathan: TAJ Campton Place in San Francisco, USA (1 Michelin star)
– Han Li Guang: Labyrinth in Singapore (1 Michelin star)
– Giuseppe Iannotti: Krèsios in Naples, Italy (1 Michelin star)
– Shinji Ishida: Nogizaka Shin in Tokyo, Japan (1 Michelin star)
– Shinya Otsuchihashi: CRAFTALE in Tokyo, Japan (1 Michelin star)
– Luigi Taglienti: LUME in Milan, Italy (1 Michelin star)
Joining the star studded line up of chefs this year were international stars – celebrity chef Bobby Chinn, famed chocolatier Paul A Young, and sommelier Seju Yang.
Stay tuned for an update of Bangkok’s biggest annual food and wine event – the 20th World Gourmet Festival at www.WorldGourmetFestival.asia